Jenn at TweetReach
posted this on November 22, 2010 19:23
Getting started with your TweetReach Tracker is quick and easy. Of course, you'll first need to sign up for a TweetReach Pro subscription. We have a variety of affordable plans available, and you can upgrade, downgrade or cancel your subscription anytime.
You'll need one Tracker per campaign or topic you want to monitor. One campaign can consist of multiple search queries, as you'll see below.
Note: Be sure to set up your Tracker before the event or campaign you want to monitor, as the Tracker uses Twitter's Streaming API to find and save tweets in real time, as they are posted to Twitter. It can't go back in time and analyze old tweets. Please ask us if you have any questions about setting up your Tracker or if the Tracker will be able to find the tweets you're looking for.
1. From your TweetReach portal dashboard, click the Create Tracker button.
This will take you to the Tracker Edit page, where you'll need to set up your search queries to get started.
2. Name your Tracker. Make it something you'll recognize if displayed in a list of your other Trackers.
3. Select your time zone. All tweets in your Tracker will be displayed in the time zone you select here.
4. In the Tracker Terms box, enter up to 15 search queries you want your Tracker to monitor, one query per line. You can include multiple words on one line; the Tracker will find tweets that include all of the words on a single line. Use quotation marks around exact phrases. Each separate line functions as an OR operator, so we will find tweets that matches the queries from one or more lines. For more about specific tracker queries, read this.
5. And if appropriate, add any terms you want to exclude from this Tracker in the Excluded Terms box. This can be useful when you are searching for common terms and want to exclude certain references from your Tracker.
By default your Tracker will begin monitoring new tweets immediately. You can unclick the Start Running Now box if you want to start the Tracker later. Click Save to start your Tracker. You can edit a running Tracker at any time. You can also stop and delete Trackers.